The Raspberry Pi Foundation, the pioneer in affordable and accessible computing solutions, proudly announces the release of Raspberry Pi 5, the next evolution in their highly acclaimed series of single-board computers.
Building on the success of its predecessors, Raspberry Pi 5 offers a leap in performance, versatility, and energy efficiency, setting new standards for enthusiasts, developers, and educators alike. With its powerful features and affordability, the Raspberry Pi 5 continues to revolutionize the computing world.
Key Features of Raspberry Pi 5:
- Enhanced Performance: A cutting-edge Broadcom BCM2712 2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 processor powers the Raspberry Pi 5, significantly boosting performance, enabling smoother multitasking and faster data processing.
- Increased RAM Performance: Equipped with the same amount of RAM as the Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 5 LPDDR4X RAM will give a 34% boost in performance.
- High-speed Connectivity: Raspberry Pi 5 supports faster networking speeds, including Gigabit Ethernet with PoE+ and Wi-Fi 5 support to provide enhanced connectivity for seamless online activities.
- Expanded Storage Options: Users can now store and access their data faster and more efficiently than ever with multiple storage options, including support for NVMe SSDs.
- Improved Graphics Performance: The Raspberry Pi 5’s upgraded GPU capabilities offer improved graphics performance for an enhanced visual experience.
- Enhanced I/O and Connectivity: Raspberry Pi 5 includes a wide range of I/O options, including USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, and more, providing users with increased flexibility and versatility in their projects.
- Energy Efficiency: Designed to be energy-efficient, Raspberry Pi 5 helps reduce power consumption while delivering exceptional performance, making it environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
Availability and Pricing:
Units are available to pre-order at authorized resellers and will be available for purchase by the end of October. Pricing will begin at $60.00 for the 4 GB model, and $80 for the 8GB model. For more information about Raspberry Pi 5 and its features, visit the official Raspberry Pi website at http://www.raspberrypi.org.